Yeah. We jumped on the pumpkin spice bandwagon.
It seems that every fall, people anxiously await coffee bars, grocery stores and restaurants to release their Pumpkin Spice concoctions. Well our friends at the Ark-La-Tex Weekend wanted to create something a little different: Pumpkin Spice Pickles. After a year of research (actually we came up with the idea in 2019 and shelved it until October 2020) we finally came up with an acceptable mixture that should satisfy pumpkin spice lovers.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Slice the cucumbers in half, then lengthwise into quarters.
- Place in a mason jar or a jar that can be sealed.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour pumpkin spice liquid over pickles.
- Let the liquid cool to room temperature.
- Cover, seal and place in the refrigerator.
- Let set for at least two hours or overnight for the best flavors.
COPYRIGHT 2021, GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC.