Now this is YUMMY!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder** (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium size bowl mix together sugar, oil, an egg, vanilla and milk
- In a larger bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and a dash of salt!
- Next we are going to blend our wet and dry ingredients together until we get a dough-like consistency.
- Then, we are going to take our 2 cups of diced strawberries and add 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Add the berries to the dough little by little, and blend!
- Put the dough into a greased pan and bake it on 350 for 50 to 55 minutes! And wah-lah! Delicious strawberry bread!
**YOU CAN ALSO ADD A YUMMY GLAZE!!**
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk** (optional)
Mix powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and vanilla until smooth.
Let bread cool
Spread the glaze on top of the bread
Slice, serve and ENJOY!
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Cincy Weekend!