Findlay Market’s annual chili event will look a little different this year, but it still offers plenty of opportunities to try chili, chili-themed foods and show off your chili making skills with event sponsor Gold Star. Findlay Market’s Gold Star Chili Fest will take place 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on January 24, 2021 at the market. In addition, Gold Star will host a virtual competition. Please see information below about each activity.
Chili Fest Tickets
Chili Fest will take place 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Sunday, January 24. Event attendees can purchase ticket bundles and tickets can be redeemed at several places throughout the market selling chili and chili-themed items.
- 5 tickets for $10 or 12 tickets for $20
- Go to chilifest2021.eventbrite.com to purchase tickets
- Beer, spiked hot cider, and more will be offered at the Biergarten
- Live music throughout the day
Gold Star Chili Virtual Competition
For more than a decade, Gold Star has supported an in-person amateur chili cook-off with their head chef as a judge. This year, we won’t be able to host the in-person and free sample portion of the event, so Gold Star is shifting the competition to the digital world.
“While we will miss seeing everyone in person this year, Gold Star is still excited to celebrate our home chefs in a virtual competition,” said Roger David, President and CEO of Gold Star. “Cincinnati is filled with chili-loving families and we’re excited to see what creative recipes they come up with using Cincinnati-style chili!”
The Gold Star virtual chili competition will run through January 21, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be announced at Chili Fest on January 24, 2021.
How to Participate
- Create your favorite at-home recipe inspired by Cincy-style chili using Findlay Market ingredients, Gold Star chili, and/or Gold Star spice packets for a chance to win a $100 Gold Star gift card
- On Facebook, post a comment on a Gold Star chili competition post of your at-home recipe (photos and videos are encouraged!)
- On Instagram and Twitter, post a photo of your at-home recipe using the hashtag #GoldStarCookOff and make sure to tag @FindlayMarket and @GoldStarChili
Post expires at 10:30am on Sunday March 14th, 2021