The WEBN fireworks are back for a 42nd year with Riverfest 2018, bringing all the usual end-of-summer festivities with it. Heading down? Here’s everything you need to know.
When is it?
Sunday, September 2nd from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. The fireworks start at 9:07 p.m.
Where is it?
The party is happening all day at Sawyer Point and Yeatman’s Cove downtown. However, if you’re only interested in watching the fireworks, you’re probably wondering…
Where is the best place to watch the fireworks?
This is the question that’s struck a chord with Cincinnatians for 42 years now. In short, everyone has their favorite spot. With that in mind, here are some of the most popular viewing spots.
- Mt. Adams
- Mt. Echo Park
- Covington by the Roebling Bridge
- Newport riverfront (get ready for the Cincy vs. NKY clap-off)
- Devou Park
- One Lytle Place apartments (if you’re lucky enough to have a friend there)
When should I get there?
Truth be told, if it has a great view, it’s gonna get packed quick. You can start claiming spots on the serpentine wall starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday (yes, Saturday) and as for every other spot, plan to get their early Sunday. Also, keep in mind that many roads will be closed so expect a little extra traffic.
What else is going on that day?
A lot! Here’s a quick rundown:
- WEBN broadcasting live from the serpentine wall all day starting at noon
- Live music at the KISS 107.1 “Just Show Up” show (Sawyer Point) from Sir Sly, Arkells, Madison Beer, Fitness, Loote, The Orphan The Poet, Silent Revival and Liberty Deep Down.
- The Kroger Activity Zone featuring family-friendly activities
- The Rubber Duck Regatta: at 3 p.m., thousands of ducks will be dropped into the Ohio River. The first prize winner will receive a 2018 Honda Accord and possibly $1 million if their duck is the “KEMBA Million Dollar Duck.” The second prize winner will receive $100 from Kroger every week for a year and five additional winners will receive $500 cash.
What’s it gonna cost me?
What if it rains?
Organizers say they’ll do everything possible to make sure that the show goes on.
Where should I park?
All the standard lots/garages you know and love will be open, but the longer you wait the further you’ll have to walk. Plan to get there early, and expect
Yes. Don’t bring any booze, it’s an alcohol-free event. Also, don’t bring weapons, wheeled items (skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, etc.), laser pointers, glass bottles, coolers, liquids, pets (service dogs are ok) and large umbrellas.