Pumpkin, rum and spices. What else could you want out of a fall cocktail?
Imagine the perfect fall night: leaves are falling, the air is cool and pumpkins are everywhere. But you’re still missing something. That perfect fall cocktail. Northside Yacht Club co-owner Stuart Mackenzie is here with the answer. Here’s how to make “The Jack Skellington” cocktail in all of it’s pumpkin spice goodness.
How To Make “The Jack Skellington”
What you’ll need:
- Pumpkin puree
- Spiced rum
- Simple syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Fill a pint glas 2/3 of the way full with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz of spiced rum.
- Add 3 spoonfuls of pumpkin puree.
- Pour in 0.5 oz of homemade vanilla simple syrup.
- To make simple syrup, heat equal parts sugar and water with a vanilla bean until it dissolves.
- Add 3 squirts of Angostura bitters.
- Shake well then strain into a coupe glass. If you don’t have one, a wine glass is fine.
- Finish with a dash of ground Nutmeg on top.