Kentucky’s Edge is a signature event that pairs bourbon with all things Kentucky. Get ready for an immersive weekend of great bourbon, food, music, shopping and conversation, leveraging the great spaces and businesses in Northern Kentucky. Bourbon enthusiasts and novices alike have the opportunity to hear from bourbon experts at the Saturday conference, distillery day tours all weekend, and other exciting activities – all within walking and shuttle distance.
Among the 35+ experiences available during this unique weekend, event-goers can enjoy free events, pay-as-you-go experiences, and VIP upgrades. Click here for ticketing options and more information.
- Taste & Pair – The bars and restaurants in Northern Kentucky have put together some special tastings that will probably sell out fast.
- Artisan Market – Listen to music while shopping at the artisan market, open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. both days – Friday, Oct. 4 and Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Day Tours – Check out Old Pogue, Boone County, and New Riff distilleries, and finish up with a unique tour – laps around the Kentucky Speedway with a pro driver before visiting Neeley Family Distillery.
- Saturday and Sunday Headliners – Catch Com Truise on Friday, Oct. 4 and Jukebox the Ghost on Saturday, Oct. 5 at Madison Theater (730 Madison Ave), doors open at 7 p.m., shows starts at 8 p.m.
- Free Music on the River – Friday, Oct. 4 is cover band night with regional favorite The Rusty Griswolds – music starts at 4 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5 is all original music with Hayseed Dixie – crowds can enjoy tunes from noon to 10 p.m. And yes, there will be bourbon.
- Smoke Justis Block Party – Creator’s studio Self Diploma will bring their stable of DJ’s to the block party at Roebling Point. Party the night away – this event runs from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 4, and 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
The bourbon conference is a one-day affair that takes place Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. There will be keynotes, speakers, panels, and workshops with an emphasis on storytelling. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and the conference ends at 5 p.m.
Hear from Bill Samuels, Jr., Chairman Emeritus of Maker’s Mark; Mandy Vance, Private Selection at Four Roses; Bob Batchelor, author of “The Bourbon King”; Brian Haara, author of “Bourbon Justice”; James Higdon, author of “Cornbread Mafia”; and Molly Wellmann, mixologist and author, and many others.
Come join the fun as a volunteer. The deadline for volunteer submission is Friday, Aug. 30 – subsequent submissions will be wait-listed.
Everything from tastings and tours, to local dining options, to the VIP experience can be viewed and purchased here. The $495 exclusive VIP Upgrade experience includes:
- VIP lounge at the Music Festival with hospitality tent, private/upgraded bathrooms, private bar with drink specials, and stage-front viewing.
- VIP lounge at the Block Party with hospitality room, upgraded bathrooms, and private bar with drink specials.
- VIP lounge at the Kentucky Artisan Market with hospitality tent, private/upgraded bathrooms and drink specials.
- Complimentary access to both shows at the Madison Theater enjoyed from the VIP balcony with a private bar and complimentary late-night snacks.
- A bottle of Kentucky’s Edge bourbon (limited edition).
- Plus other perks and surprises.
Stay up to date with all things Cincy Weekend!
Post expires at 5:43pm on Saturday November 9th, 2019