A Moscow Mule with a twist from the Commonwealth.
You’ve had the Moscow Mule, but why not add a little Bluegrass flare to it? That means bourbon and mint. Learn how to make it from Stuart Mackenzie, co-owner of the Northside Yacht Club. We’re sure you’ll be heading to either his bar or the home bar soon.
How to make a “Kentucky Mule.”
What You’ll Need.
- Alcoholic ginger beer.
- Angostura bitters.
- Fresh squeezed lime (or lime juice)
- Fresh mint.
- A copper mug (preferred but not necessary.)
- Fill your mug 2/3 of the way full with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz of bourbon.
- Fill the rest of the mug with your alcoholic ginger beer.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Squeeze half of a fresh lime into the drink.
- Add 3 shakes of Angostura Bitters.
- Stir again.
- Slap your fresh mint to awaken it, then garnish.