This is a simple and fun activity for the whole family to enjoy.
With Fall and Halloween right around the corner, we decided to create a video on How To Make Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats!
6 cups rice krispies cereal
3 Tbsp salted butter
1 (10 oz) pkg. mini marshmallows
Orange gel food coloring
Pretzel Sticks (broken in half)
Green Gel Icing
Non-stick cooking spray
How To Make Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats
- Measure out rice krispies cereal and pour into a bowl. Melt butter in a non-stick saucepan or pot over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir and as they begin to melt start adding in the gel food coloring until desired color is achieved. Stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat then immediately pour in rice krispies cereal and gently stir and fold with a spatula until cereal is evenly coated. Let mixture cool slightly (until it’s cool enough to handle with your hands).
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray then shape rice krispie treat mixture into balls about the size of a baseball, then insert 1 piece of the pretzel stick into the top center. Transfer to a plate or dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Use the green gel icing to make leaves and vines on the treats
- Repeat with each treat. Store in an airtight container.