Several greater Cincinnati breweries are bringing home the hardware in a big way after several wins at the World Beer Cup.
Four Cincinnati breweries won medals in the competition. The final awards were announced Thursday at a gala in Nashville, Tenn., during the Craft Brewers Conference.
The winners and their beers include:
- Fifty West Brewing Co. – 10&2 – Barley Wine-Style Ale – Silver
- Fretboard Brewing Co. – Vlad the Impaler – International-Style Pilsener – Silver
- Brink Brewing Co. – Moozie – Sweet Stout or Cream Stout – Bronze
- Taft’s Ale House – Gustav – Vienna-Style Lager – Silver
Three of those brewers (Taft’s, Brink, and Fifty West,) had previously won at other competitions — including the Great American Beer Festival — with their entries.
The breweries quickly took to social media to celebrate their wins.
— Fifty West Brewing (@FiftyWestBrew) May 4, 2018
#Vlad just won a 🥈for International Lager Style #worldbeercup2018
🥈#S23 #drinklocal #cincymade #ohiobeer #worldbeercup2018 #Lager #Vlad #CzechPils #BrewAsh #🥈 #musictoyourmouth #musictomybeers #fretboardbrewing pic.twitter.com/mzCCl3ZU2v
— Fretboard Brewing (@FretboardBrewCo) May 4, 2018
2017 US Open: Gold
2017 GABF: Gold
2018 World Beer Cup: Bronze
DAMN PROUD pic.twitter.com/uG97rq6ILB
— BrinkBrewing (@BrinkBrewing) May 4, 2018
— Taft’s Brewing Co. (@taftsalehouse) May 4, 2018
You’ll want to get to the taprooms quickly to try these award-winners if they have any on tap!
Cincinnati wasn’t the only big winner from the Tri-State. Several Ohio breweries, as well as regional breweries from Kentucky and Indiana took home medals.
Those breweries include:
- West Sixth Brewing Co., Lexington, Ky. – Pennyrile Pale Ale – American-Style Pale Ale – Bronze
- Upland Brewing Co., Bloomington, Ind. – Raspberry – American-Style Sour – Gold
- Bier Brewery, Indianapolis – Pumpkin Beer – Silver
- Fat Heads Brewery, Middleburg Heights, Ohio – Midnight Moonlight – American-Style Black Ale – Silver
- Columbus Brewing Co., Columbus, Ohio – TBD Peach Sour – Mixed Culture Brett Beer – Bronze
- Platform Beer Co., Cleveland, Ohio – Panic Switch – Rye Beer – Bronze
- Fat Heads Brewery, North Olmstead, Ohio – AlpenGlow – South German-Style Weizenbock – Gold
- Little Fish Brewing Co., Athens, Ohio – Petit Poisson – Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer – Bronze
- Millersburg Brewing Co., Millersburg, Ohio – Pope’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale – Pumpkin Beer – Bronze
One of those winners will soon be opening a new location in Cincinnati. Platform Beer Co. has plans for a taproom and brewery in Over-the-Rhine.
If beer isn’t your thing, be sure to check out these spins on a Mint Julep from Braxton Brewing — just in time for the Kentucky Derby.