As we learned this week, Cincinnati is home to four of the most romantic restaurants in the U.S. But if you’re looking for something a little different this Valentine’s Day, Findlay Market just might have something for you.
Its Valentine’s Day Sweet & Savory Stroll will take place Feb. 17 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Findlay Market Farm Shed. Participating guests can exchange their tickets for samples of desserts and snacks from select Findlay Market vendors. Each tasting station will be paired with a complimentary wine courtesy of Market Wines at Findlay Market.
In addition to the tasting stations, ticket holders will be given a 10 percent off coupon at participating vendors and will be placed into a raffle for a chance to win a beautiful bouquet arranged by The Budding Florist.
Cans of local beer and wine by the glass will be available for purchase at our Valentine’s Day bar. A wide selection of wines and other drinks can also be purchased at Market Wines.
Tickets are $20 for 15 samples and can be purchased in advance right here, at the Findlay Market Market Center or on-site during the event. Online tickets will not be available for purchase after Feb. 16 at 2 p.m.
Sample tickets may be exchanged for any of the following sweet and savory items:
- Plantain chips & salsa (paired wine: Latour Ardeche Chardonnay) – The Arepa Place
- Baklava or powdered sugar cookies (paired wine: Luna Turchese Falanghina) – Areti’s Gyros
- Chocolate-covered strawberries, mini cannolis, rice crispy treats, royal iced cookies and mini cheese cakes – Bouchard’s Pasta
- Lemon bars (paired wine: Monmousseau Brut Sparkling Wine) – Cherbourg Cyprus
- Chocolate & roses tea (paired wine: Garnacha de Fuego) – Churchill’s Fine Teas
- Bourbon balls made w/ Colonel De’s Paradise Sugar blend (paired wine: Heavy Weight Petite Sirah) – Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices
- Budino (Italian chocolate pudding w/ olive oil) and spicy black truffle chicken wings (paired wine: Bieler Pere & Fils Rose) – Dean’s Mediterranean Imports
- Chocolate chip cookies (paired wine: Quara Estate Malbec) – Em’s Sourdough Bread
- Amaretto cookie fudge (paired wine: Carafoli “momenti di Vendemmia” Sparkling Lambrusco) – Gibbs Cheese
- Meatballs & Focaccia bread (paired wine: Frescobaldi Remole Toscana) – Harvest Pizzeria
- Darista’s Expresso Chocolate Hummus served w/ a savory sesame cracker and a Bishoff’s sweet biscuit and fresh strawberries (paired wine: Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo) – Madison’s
- Kettle corn (paired wine: Ca’Furlan “Cuvee Beatrice” Prosecco) – Mama Made It
- Strawberry bagel w/ vanilla bean cream cheese (paired wine: Chateau le Grand Verdus Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon) – OTR Bagel Bar
- Mini red velvet waffles (paired wine: Evodia Garnacha) – Taste of Belgium
All Sweet & Savory Stroll ticket holders will also receive 10 percent off from the following merchants:
- Dean’s Mediterranean Imports
- Eckerlin Meats
- Gramma Debbie’s Kitchen
- Kofina’s Olive Oil & Vinegar (vinegar excluded)
- Pet Wants
- SKT Ceramics
Sampling begins at 11 a.m. and will continue throughout the day. For more information, click or tap here.
Below you can find information about other Valentine’s Day events and promotions around the Market:
- Artichoke: Feb. 14 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Bring your date or your best friend as our cocktail instructor Rachel Moore (aka Ginny Tonic) is joined by her husband and podcasting partner to lead a couple’s class of romantic cocktails. We will be making a Chocolate Martini, Hibiscus Cocktail, and finishing with some Hanky Panky. $35 per person, paid reservations required (call 513-263-1002)
- Cincinnati Streetcar Food & Culture Tour: Feb. 14 from 1 – 4 p.m. Visit six restaurants, sample wine & beer and sightsee around the city. The tour concludes at Findlay Market
- Findlay Kitchen: Feb. 10 from 3 -5 p.m. During this class hosted by Sugar Innovations, couples will get an introduction to chocolate covered strawberries, apples, and pretzels. The couple with the best completed design will win a prize. Beer, wine and appetizers will be provided
- Findlay Kitchen: On Feb. 14, Samuel Adam’s Taproom will be featuring OCD Cakes’ sweet treats for their next Findlay Kitchen Pop-Up. Stop by between 5 – 10 p.m. to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day
- The Rhined: Feb. 19 from 6 – 8 p.m. What goes better with beer than cheese? Join Taft’s Brewing Company and The Rhined for an evening of just that, beer and cheese! Taft’s Brewing Co. brewers will be on hand to explain the different beer backgrounds and brewing processes, while educated cheese mongers from The Rhined showcase their splendid hand-picked cheeses.