As some people are looking to travel, Amtrak released a new sale on one of its safest ways to travel. From now until July 17, 2020, when you reserve a Roomette, a companion travels for free. This Amtrak BOGO deal is only for Roomette. What’s a Roomette? It’s your own private space. According to Amtrak’s website, a Roomette features two seats that convert to upper and lower sleeping berths by night. They also come with complimentary meals, free lounge access, access to a private restroom and shower with fresh towels and linens.
Amtrak runs several routes through the Midwest, and in Cincinnati the train station is at Union Terminal.
The Cardinal line travels from New York through Washington, D.C., Charlottesville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis, before ending in Chicago.
Here are a few fares to think about for a vacation.
- Cincinnati to St. Louis – $258 (Fare from July 30 – August 6, 2020 as researched on July 8, subject to change)
- Cincinnati to Los Angeles – $768 (Fare from July 30 – August 6, 2020 as researched on July 8, subject to change)
- Cincinnati to Boston – $547 (Fare from July 27 – August 5, 2020 as researched on July 8, subject to change)
You need to use the code V306 if your using the Amtrak app or use the Fare Finder on the website for this BOGO deal. Reservations must be made by July 17, 2020. Advance reservations are required a minimum of three days prior to travel. Complete your travel by September 30, 2020.
Amtrak has taken several steps to increase safety and cleaning measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All customers and employees must wear a face mask or covering unless a passenger is in their private room (Roomette).
- Enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Onboard filtration systems exchanges the fresh air every 4-5 minutes.
- Cafe cars are carryout only. The train company also provides a flexible dining service.
To see all of their commitments to safety, click here.
Stay up to date with all things Cincy Weekend!
Post expires at 9:47am on Tuesday September 8th, 2020