My friend’s group chat has been pretty active over the last week since we are all (mostly) working from home and quarantining inside our four walls due to COVID-19. A hot topic: what’s good on Netflix right now?
A couple of my friends started watching Tiger King and could not stop talking about the Netflix crime docuseries. They said it was a wild ride (pun intended) and one that I definitely needed to check out.
Note: Tiger King is TV-MA so it is not suitable for all audiences.
Here’s the synopsis: “A zoo owner spirals out of control amid a cast of eccentric characters in this true murder-for-hire story from the underworld of big cat breeding.”
Consider me hooked.
I sat down to watch the first episode and thought I’d share my thoughts with you. Here we go….
- Is that a lion in a convertible?
- Murder-for-hire, this is going to be juicy.
- Did someone bedazzle those handcuffs or did they already come with rhinestones on them?
- Joe Exotic would be a good male dancer name…
- That’s a haircut if I’ve ever seen one.
- Homestead, Florida? That’s about 90 miles away from me…
- THAT’S A MASSIVE SNAKE!!!
- OH OK, NOW THERE ARE A LOT OF SNAKES.
- My chest is hurting a little bit…
- Alright — now we’re moving to Oklahoma, thank goodness.
- Is that a box dye job or did he ask for that at the salon…
- Did he just say he lives with 187 big cats? Holy…
- I wonder if they sell the, “I got peed on by a tiger” tee shirts online?
- Joe Exotic is also a country singer. Interesting…
- Is he lip synching? Is this a music video? What is happening?
- There’s a lot to unpack here with this sequin-clad man.
- He’s actually got a pretty nice voice. Is he on Spotify?
- I wonder what the comments look like on Joe Exotic’s broadcasts…
- Joe REALLY doesn’t like this Carole Baskin lady.
- But I think I like Carole Baskin…for now?
- We’re heading back to Florida — Tampa this time.
- OooOooh I like Carole’s flower crown. She’s giving me major bohemian Mother Theresa vibes. I’m here for it.
- How do you bury a big cat? Do you put them in a casket? Did she make these headstones herself?
- THIS MAN JUST CALLED CAROLE, “THE MOTHER THERESA OF CATS” — I am so on track with this commentary.
- Carole is allergic to cats — that’s quite ironic.
- They sell Tiger King branded underwear…WHO WEARS THIS?
- Oh good, another “country” music video.
- Joe’s story is pulling at my heartstrings.
- LION COUNTRY SAFARI?! That’s in my backyard!!!
- We’re headed to Myrtle Beach now…
- Doc. Don’t you ride that elephant! GET OFF BUBBLES NOW, SIR!
- Doc has a bit of an ego…eh?
- Oh, this is getting a little graphic for me. I don’t know if I can stomach this…
- OK I’M STARTING TO FEEL NAUSEOUS.
- So Joe Exotic runs a tiger farm, is a country singer, and a magician…this is too much.
- The first movie I ever cried in was Mighty Joe Young. I was seven.
- OMG are those gunshots??
- This scene is horrifying.
- Did Joe just say what I think he said about Waco? He did. On national television. My mouth is on the floor.
- As a girl from Alabama — that is a LARGE TORNADO, JOE! YOU NEED TO LAY DOWN IN A DITCH.
- If you and your co-worker have to make a pact about shooting each other…you probably should find a new career path. I’m just sayin’…
- Joe has a security guard…my eyes are just REALLY REALLY WIDE right now.
- Carole’s back with her flower crown.
- Did someone ship the snakes? Or did someone put them directly in Carole’s mailbox?!
- Are they calling that mannequin “Carole”….
- OH! THIS IS NOT OKAY!
- Joe…Joe…WHAT DID YOU DO JOE???!
- I feel like that garage door shutting is very symbolic.
- Wonder if any influencers have Tiger King Skincare in their nighttime routine…probably not.
That was a heck of a ride. I think I need to know how it ends, so I’ll watch episode two after I’ve had a few days to decompress from the first one. Reminder — this is rated TV-MA so there will be graphic language and scenes not suitable for younger folks.
I need to go calm down now…
You might also be interested in…
Stay up to date with all things Cincy Weekend!